Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:34:16 +0000
From:      Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xvfb server

Hi,

I am currently doing the big upgrade with perl and all related packages.
  I have just noticed that I now have the Xvfb server running on 7001.
My  firewall stops it from being accessed remotely but I never had it
running before.  I am guessing that one of the ports that has been
upgraded decided it needed it and so it was installed and turned on.  I
Just upgraded to Xfce4.2 as well (superb btw ;)).

So my questions are:

* Do I need this server running...the man page suggests it is for testing?

* If I do need it, what package has added it and why?

* Can I turn it off and how?

Thanks
Chris