Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:32:14 -0400
From:      Ross <westr@connection.ca>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: kern/126866: [isp] [panic] kernel panic on card initialization

PAP>  I am having the same exact problem you were having using the same
PAP>  device.  I started receiving this error on FBSD7-RELEASE and thought it
PAP>  was specific to that version.  Naturally I upgraded to FBSD7-Stable as
PAP>  of today (9/25/2008), but still haven't been able to resolve this error,
PAP>  even with the patch presented here.  Like you had mentioned on
PAP>  freebsd-scsi, the machine panic's roughly 50% of the time during boot.

Actually, going over the trap output, it looks different than the
output I had, so it might be a different issue in the end.

Which kernel are you running?  (i386/amd64), and is it possible to get
the output of a dmesg, so we know what chipset the driver thinks it is?
(Are you running an HP Blade w QHM6432 like I am?)

Also, if you can set 'hint.isp.[01].debug=0x11F' in your
/boot/device.hints file, it'll hopefully give some additional output
to help track the problem down.

Obviously the best is to compile in the kernel debugger as that'll
give the exact place it crashes.

Thanks,
  Ross.

--
  Ross West                          Tel:   +1 416 967 6767
  Network Manager                    Fax:   +1 416 967 7777