Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:46:32 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3D software available

> QDraw is a new open source 3D graphics api developed by the people that
> wrote Direct3D. This new api is a lot easier to use than current versions
> of Direct3D and has the advantage of being open source and portable across
> Win9x, WinNT, FreeBSD and Linux. It includes a simple event model and
> fullscreen support, allowing an application to be easily ported to
> supported platforms.

YES!  Given what I know about "the people who wrote Direct3D" and some
of their previous affiliations, this is welcome news indeed!

I look forward to playing with this myself.  Are there any plans on
cooperating with the Precision Insight folks on making this also take
advantage of 3D hardware accelertion?  If you like, I can put you in
touch with the Right People(tm) over there - they seem to know quite a
bit about this topic and could help you ensure the best possible
rendering performance on X-based desktops.

I can also put you in touch with the right people at Loki software
if you'd like to explore the possibilities for Unix-based gaming...

This is very cool - the screenshots are awesome!  Great work
guys, especially on the license! :)

- Jordan