Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:46:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        boia01@gel.usherb.ca
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-Link ethernet and Thinkpad

> Hello nomads,
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a Thinkpad 701C.   I use the PAO
> (for 2.2.6) disk as a boot disk and it recognizes my ethernet PC-card
> correctly:  it's a D-Link DE-650CT.
> see the message "Login in ftp@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and the "send" LED flashing
> on the laptop's connection but the "receive" LED never flashes.  My

i think i have had the same problem. I have a no-name card which
presents itself as IC-CARD IC-CARD, but some of the drivers on the disk
refer to the DE-650 so i suppose it is almost a clone.
This card (at least mine) does not have auto media select, and defaults to
using the UTP media. There is a dos/windows program which allows you to
set the media. It is fairly short (about 1KB) so i am looking at it.

All it seems to do is toggle one bit in some of the card's registers.
However, it appears to do it in a fairly complicated way, by banging
bits in some of the PCIC register. Maybe some of this functionality is
already duplicated in  pccardc/pccardd but i am not (yet) familiar with
this code...

so, our only option thus far is to switch to windows, run the program,
and hope that the configuration is persistent :)

	cheers
	luigi