Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:21:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone using splay ?

Hi !
I'm trying to compile splay, a MPEG-audio player for FreeBSD. It seemed
to compile, but didn't work. Either it crashes (with option -M) or it just
says that it can't open the sound device (/dev/dsp, which exists !).
Is there anyone who has a running version of this software ? I never got
maplay to work. On every machine I get worse trash out of the MPEG files.
Maybe a SB Pro 3.2 isn't good enough ? But I can play 44Khz stereo WAV
files without problems...

So I hope splay coould help me out. Does anyone know more of this ?

Thanx,
	Udo

--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@cs.tu-berlin.de