Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:20:22 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Renaming cnt to =?UTF-8?Q?vm=5Fcnt?=

Hi,

http://people.freebsd.org/~bdrewery/patches/cnt_vm_cnt.diff

I would like to rename the vmmeter.h global cnt to vm_cnt.
It is quite a generic variable to be polluting the global
namespace. The variable is only defined in _KERNEL, so
there is no userland/KBI risk. We've made this same
change at Isilon as well.

The only downside I see is that it will cause conflicts
when merging from project branches and pending patches.
It also will essentially need to be redone for MFC
with a direct commit.

I don't think any conflicts would be painful though.

Is anyone strongly against such a change?

I generated with: sed -i '' -e 's,[[:<:]]cnt[[:>:]]\.v_,vm_cnt.v_,g'
I have not yet ran make universe to check if it is
sufficient/proper, but will before commit of course.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery