Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2013 08:42:56 -0500
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chromium v25.0.1364.97 problems

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:11:00 -0500 (EST) "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu> wrote:

> Also Currently seems to no longer be able to figure out my location anymore.
>
> Anybody else seeing this?

Yes.

I took a look at the wifi geolocation code, and it is still there and
looks like it's still compiling in.  So this must be another example
of some other C++ class masking out the FreeBSD wifi provider class.

You can run with "chrome -v 1" from the console and go to any geoloc
web page.  If it's working, you'll see messages showing the wifi
access points it is using to determine your location.  But it is not
showing those messages, which means that the FreeBSD wifi class is
not being executed.

Someone with more C++ knowledge please look at this.  The code is in
    content/browser/geolocation/wifi_data_provider_freebsd.cc
for the FreeBSD-specific stuff, as well as wifi_data_provider_common,
network_location_provider, empty_device_data_provider, etc in the
same directory.

	-jr