Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:34:45 +0200
From:      "Vahric MUHTARYAN" <vahric@doruk.net.tr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgreading Servers From 4.9 to 5.x ,Changing Server and BootProblem

Hi Everybody ,

	First I want to learn Which method are you using When you want
to pass between version For example 3.x to 4.x or 4.x to 5.x . Are you
installing new version to new machine then copy all files ?!

	My second question is  ; in FreeBSD package management is very
good . All ports are installed in /usr/local ... at this moment When I
need to change server at this moment does it enough to copy all
/usr/local directory to the new server ( of course all data , same
kernel configuration on new machine and same /etc/rc.conf file .. ) Does
it work ?  Anybody have any experience about this  ?

	And I wondering What do you do when boot problem like loader ,
kernel and kernel.old too ... How do you open OS ? Because in Linux We
can create a disk with mkbootdisk command at this moment We have a same
kernel and startup things in diskette ?!!

Vahric