Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:19:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu (Andrew Gallatin)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld, anyone?

Andrew Gallatin wrote...

[ ... ]

> I also whacked src/lib/libcam/scsi_cmdparse.c into submission via:
>
> RCS file: /scratch/freebsd-cvs/src/lib/libcam/scsi_cmdparse.c,v
> retrieving revision 1.1
> diff -r1.1 scsi_cmdparse.c
> 658c658
> <       ap = (va_list)0;
> ---
> >       bzero((caddr_t)&ap, sizeof(va_list));
> 681c681
> <       ap = (va_list)0;
> ---
> >       bzero((caddr_t)&ap, sizeof(va_list));
> 735c735
> <       ap = (va_list)0;
> ---
> >       bzero((caddr_t)&ap, sizeof(va_list));
> 776c776
> <       ap = (va_list)0;
> ---
> >       bzero((caddr_t)&ap, sizeof(va_list));
> 787c787
> <       ap = (va_list) 0;
> ---
> >       bzero((caddr_t)&ap, sizeof(va_list));

That's more or less the fix I checked in a little while ago.  I also added
a little more belt-and-suspenders checking, which shouldn't affect the
alpha.

Doug also ran into (and worked around) a compiler bug on the Alpha that
causes it to blow up on rpc.rstatd.  You'll probably want to get his fix.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com