Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:06:27 +0200
From:      David Bruce Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   [nouveau] 7600 GT SLI (almost)

--nextPart1547091.vyq10qPuXt

Hi,

Thought the list might be interested in how nouveau worked (or didn't) on m=
y=20
system.  I've heard that nouveau doesn't support SLI, but I thought I'll gi=
ve=20
it a try. =20

Xorg -configure detects the  the two cards separately and attempts to run X=
org=20
with the default configuration fails.  After stripping any reference to the=
=20
second card (and screen, I only have one screen attached) Xorg worked fine =
and=20
KDE compositing (with Xrender) is smooth [much better than nv]. =20

glxinfo reports direct rendering and glxgears give FPS of ~315.  KDE deskto=
p=20
effects does not work with OpenGL (and nouveau), is this expected to work?

Thank you for the hard work, I'm happily running nouveau on FreeBSD 8-pre=20
64bit.  :->

Regards,

David

P.S. I'm happy to test any patches (including for SLI)