Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:35:27 +0000
From:      Jamie Griffin <jpg@mythic-beasts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/src/UPDATING

I have a really simple question about updating my system. Does /usr/src/UPDATING say when I need to update the kernel and world (obviously after updating the sources using csup/cvsup). I've been assuming it does but i'm not sure i'm following it correctly. Or, does it just have information about 'issues' that may affect the update/upgrade process. The last update on freebsd 8.0-RELEASE i've got currently is 8.0-RELEASE-p2. Not sure if there has been another since that.

--

         Jamie

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~jpg