Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:49:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!

> If  you want french-speaking equivalent  of  freebsd-* lists, I don't think
> there is enough interest/people for  that (I may be wrong  of course but if
> fr.comp.os.bsd is an indication I'm right). In fact I want to be wrong <g>
>
> If you  want a mailing-list  exploder in France  for french people  or even
> most of  european  users, I  may   be  able to   set   this up.  I  have  a
> well-connected machine with CPU power and disk to put a majordomo on. It is
> an HP with a 2 MBps line on  RENATER (French Academic Network). RENATER has
> a 4 Mbps (probably a little more in a few  weeks/months) with the US albeit
> pretty overloaded.

Well, I'll take whatever I can get! :-)

> We have  already  at least two  FTP mirrors  in France for  ftp.freebsd.org
> (ftp.ibp.fr and ftp.univ-lyon1.fr, I'll have to check the second).

Do you have a DNS server that could manage fr.freebsd.org so that you
can set up things like ftp .. ftp<n> yourself?  I'm thinking more and
more that there should be a regional name server for each domain,
administered locally.  That's now we've done .it and will probably do
.br shortly as well.

					Jordan