Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:30:14 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   firefox 3.5 dying with "__gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error"

Heya

After bringing all ports on my 7-STABLE i386 machine up to date, Firefox
3.5 now refuses to start. The /usr/local/bin/firefox3 wrapper script
launches the binary for a short moment, the main window may even pop up
for a second but then it dies with:

'__gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error'
  what():  __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error
Abort trap

>From googling for the error I gather this is likely to be caused by an
incompatible combination of threaded and unthreaded code somewhere - but
I have no idea where to look for the source of the error.

I installed about four weeks' worth of port updates in the last couple
of days, all by building from source. Throughout most of the process,
Firefox 3.5 continued to run but then some update made it crash with
this error message. Unfortunately, I updated over 100 ports and have no
idea which one is at fault. I tried recompiling some of the most likely
candidates (including www/firefox35 itself) but the error persists.

Thunderbird is installed on the same machine and runs just fine - so it
is not like gecko in general refuses to work on this machine; it is
something specific to Firefox 3.5...

Any insight into how to track this down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Bartosz

1. uname -a

FreeBSD takahe.local 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #0: Mon Jul  6
11:01:19 IST 2009     root@takahe.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TAKAHE  i386

2. Port version

# $FreeBSD: ports/www/firefox35/Makefile,v 1.180 2009/08/19 01:58:37
beat Exp $