Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:46:06 +0300
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3c574 Megaherz PCMCIA problem on FreeBSD 4.1-R

Hello everybody,
Today I tried to install FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE on my thinkpad.
I have a 3c574 Megaherz adapter attached to it, and I wanted to perform a net-
install.
The resources for the pcmcia (as seen in windows nt) are:
0x3e0-0x3e1 and 0xd0000-0xd3fff (which seems standard to me)
and resources allocated to the 3c574 are:
irq 10
i/o 0x300
When the install started and prompted about pccards I answered "initialize"
But, when I needed to install the system, ep0 was unavailable.
Checking Alt-F2 revealed this message: "ep0: No IRQ"
So, I started a rescue shell on Alt-F4 and entered:
./pccardc enabler 0 ep0 -m 2000 d0000 16 -i 10 -a 300
but it gave me an error and Alt-F2 had:
"ep0: No I/O space?!"
./pccardc dumpirc
shows all kind of information, so I guess the pccard driver works fine.
This card works under windows nt on this laptop.
I also tried disabling all irrelevant drivers in the kernel configuration, but
it didn't help.
Any help will be highly appreciated, looking forward for your suggestions.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]