Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:55:15 -0400
From:      Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>
To:        lev@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stateless dhcp6 server for FreeBSD?

2011/4/20 Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>:
> Hello, Freebsd-net.
>
> =A0Is here any stateless dhcp6 solution for FreeBSD?
>
> =A0isc-dhcp 4.1 seems to not support statless mode by server
>
> =A0dibbler is not ported to FreeBSD.
>
> =A0dhcp6s (WIDE-dhcpd) works only with one interface... It is possible,
> =A0of course, to run multiple instances of dhcp6s for multiple
> =A0interfaces, but it doesn't look very convenient.
>
> =A0I need only distribute IPv6 DNS server addresses to clients, but not
> =A0prefixes or address information.

Are you sure isc-dhcp doesn't support stateless? I was able to get it
working by creating subnet6 entries in dhcpd6.conf and telling rtadvd
to operate in other-stateful configuration mode (raflags=3D"o"). At that
point, stateless autoconfiguration worked and the clients did a DHCP
request to determine their name servers only.

-Proto