Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:59:41 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rsh/Rlogin/Rcmd & friends

On Sat 2000-09-16 (17:56), Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Warner Losh <imp@village.org> wrote:
>
> > I have a set of patches to make rdump work over ssh or any other
> > transport program you want.
>
> Strange.  When I suggested something like this in PR #15830 the
> response from the committers was that it was useless and people
> could just use "dump -f -|ssh" anyway.

Looking in freebsd-bugs archive, and the problem report feedback, there
was no such response to the PR.  If you could point me to where you got
negative response from "the committers", I'll be happy to investigate.

Warner suggested it was too specific to dump, and suggested the rshcmd
from OpenBSD last month.  You had since changed your email address, and
I presume his response bounced like Sheldon's change of status to your
PR bounced.

Checking back, we've been forced to close PRs of yours since we've been
unable to get feedback from you due to this address change.  You might
want to investigate the PR database from the web site to determine if
these closures were satisfactory to you.  If some haven't been closed
but have an old address, kindly respond to the PR with your new address.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems