Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:11:06 -0700
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Thiemo Nordenholz <listmember@thiemo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to access a device on LPC bus?

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 01:50:11PM +0200, Thiemo Nordenholz wrote:
> beginner's question, maybe: How do I, from a device driver point of view,
> access a device attached to the "Low Pincount" (LPC) bus?=20

Treat it as an ISA bus but write an ACPI attachment for it.
Look at src/sys/dev/fdc/fdc_acpi.c:fdc_acpi_probe() for an example.

>     unknown pnpinfo _HID=3DWEC0518 _UID=3D0 at handle=3D\_SB_.C046.C059.C=
140

There appears to be a Linux driver for this, which gives you something
to work from.

> Now, to implement an identify function in a driver for this, I need to
> access data in the controller - but I don't have any information about its
> memory attachments...=20

I'd suggest looking at that driver and accessing the registers you need to
identify the device sub-type in your attach function.

BMS

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--