Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 1998 01:33:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just purchased a bt848 based "Turbo TV" card.

> If you can peel off the label on your tuner unit so you can tell us
> your brand/model for the tuner . It seems that the brand new
> Hauppauge's are using a different tuner unit.

Hmmm.  My tuner appears to be in a sealed "can", one end of which is
anchored in place with a rivet that's not easily removed without tools
I don't have on hand. :-(

The card is made by Integrated Micro Solutions, 2085 Hamilton Ave, 3rd
floor. San Jose, CA.  http://www.integratedmicro.com, 408-369-8282.
If that's any help. :-) Like I said, these things are sitting in huge
stacks at Fry's for $99 right now so I rather expect we'll be seeing
more of them soon.  I'd be more than happy to buy/swap you one.

> Make sure that you read the instructions carefully for what the
> different plugs are . With respect to the tuner, make sure

Yeah, I did and there aren't too many options.  There's a DIN plug for
S/VHS, a standard video-in plug (RCA jack) which works fine and then
the usual RF input jack which I've made sure is securely fastened to
the VCR.  No joy with the last one. :(

> that you are connected to the correct plug -- I am saying this
> because the Win95 app is not displaying any signals. Also,

My suspicion also, but there's really nowhere else to plug it in. :(
Hmmmm!

> chances are that if the unit does not work on win95 it will not
> work on FreeBSD. All else fails you are welcome to drop the unit
> at my place and we can do a quick exchance. Got two Hauppauge
> cards over here.

That'd be cool, though if the Hauppage cards are valuated at more than
$99 then I'll also be happy to make up the difference or simply buy
one of these things for you - they're cheap, as I said. :)

> With respect to audio , connect the audio on the bt848 card to
> your line-in or audio-in to your sound card.

That's what I thought, thanks!

					Jordan