Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:08:16 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, Michal Mertl <mime@traveller.cz>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When to use atomic_ functions? (was: 64 bit counters)

Julian Elischer wrote:
> It's interresti gthat the major antagonists here are all withon 70 km
> (Terry are you still in Foster City?)

Yes...

Of course, we are all *pro*tagonists, not *an*tagonists...

> why not just get together with a whiteboard somewhere (here?)
> and hack out the locking strategies over a few cups of coffee?

Like the whole threads thing?

I'm hesitant, since so many good ideas come from outside the
circle you describe; we really need better virtual presence
capability.  I count 4 people on the "Cc:" of your (and this)
email who would not be able to attend in person, unless they
are on holiday in the U.S. right now...

-- Terry