Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/6408: New jpeg port does not build if the old libs are around

The following reply was made to PR ports/6408; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
To: mi@aldan.algebra.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

    >Synopsis:       New jpeg port does not link if the older libs are around
    >Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-BETA i386
 	   Port jpeg-6a installed

    ./libtool --mode=link /usr/local/bin/gcc  -o jpegtran jpegtran.lo rdswitch.lo cdjpeg.lo transupp.lo libjpeg.la
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" /usr/local/bin/gcc -o .libs/jpegtran jpegtran.o rdswitch.o cdjpeg.o transupp.o -R/usr/local/lib -ljpeg
    transupp.o: Undefined symbol `_jpeg_save_markers' referenced from text segment
    transupp.o: Undefined symbol `_jpeg_save_markers' referenced from text segment
    *** Error code 1

    >How-To-Repeat:

 	   Make sure you have older libjpeg in the /usr/local/lib
 	   cd /usr/ports/graphics/jpeg
 	   make

 	   I use the latest gcc28 for this (with -shared patch).

 Could someone try to repeat this on STABLE?  It works fine on current.

 Thanks,
 -Justin Seger-