Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:47:25 -0800
From:      Rishi Chopra <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu>
To:        Wayne Sierke <ws+freebsd-questions@au.dyndns.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh disconnecting [WAS: Getting Cut-Off]

Wayne,

I left an SSH connection open to my server last night, and it was still
connected this morning; the amount of time exceeded that of past
sessions when I was unexpectedly disconnected.

I understand your reasoning when stating this is not a configuration
issue, and given what you've written below, I tend to agree.  I'm using
two Realtek 8139 cards in my server and an Intel 21041 in my Win2k box.

What type of onboard NIC does your new motherboard have?

Also, I have not messed with the default ACPI settings; are they enabled
or disabled by default?  Interesting to note is that the server has been
up for weeks now, and even though a particular SSH session is dropped,
the server is still up and running, and will accept new SSH connections
after unexpecteded termination of previous connections.  This leads me
to believe that this is *not* and ACPI problem.

--
Rishi Chopra
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rchopra