Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:44:22 +0400
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Stephan Schindel <sts@tp1.rub.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gPodder: ip - Command not found

Stephan Schindel wrote on 15.01.2013 11:34:

> Am Di 15 Jan 08:27:00 2013 schrieb Ruslan Makhmatkhanov:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Stephan Schindel wrote on 15.01.2013 10:32:
>>> Hey :),
>>>
>>> gPodder suddenly does not update my subscriptions anymore. When I start
>>> gPodder in the terminal I can see that gPodder tries to start the
>>> application 'ip' to get information about the used network interface.
>>> However, this application does not exist on my system (anymore?).
>>>
>>> # /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gpodder/util.py line 1653
>>> process = subprocess.Popen(['ip', 'link'], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
>>>
>>> % ip
>>> ip: Command not found.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Stephan
>>
>> This is changed in 3.4.0 and I definitely overlooked that. Would t
>> please try the patch attached against your util.py and let me know if
>> that works?
>>

> Thanks it works fine :)!

Ok... but I can't reproduce the problem (w/o a patch) nor with gtk gui,
nor with cli. And I'm have not ``ip'' tool too (it's linux-only iproute2
tool). Would you tell me more about your environment: FreeBSD/python
versions, how do you start gpodder, what urls you typing to reproduce
this error message?

--
Regards,
Ruslan