Date:      29 May 2000 12:26:59 -0500
From:      Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why are all modules built?

On Mon, 29 May 2000 12:44:12 -0400, "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com> said:

    > I don't believe a kernel build builds any modules. The kld(4)'s
    > are only built at a make-world, IIRC. Or is that not what you
    > are talking about?

I'm talking about what is under
/usr/src/sys/compile/[mykernel]/modules. For example, in my tree,
vesa.o was built this morning, when I rebuilt the kernel, although I
don't have VESA defined and haven't done a make world since yesterday.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org