Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 06:52:12 -0500
From:      river <river@theriver.nu>
To:        'Greg Lehey' <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: VINUM (MORE)

I had already tried to init the mirror:

vinum -> init -v -w mirror.p1
vinum[53957]: initializing subdisk /dev/vinum/rsd/mirror.p1.s0
vinum[53957]: can't write subdisk /dev/vinum/rsd/mirror.p1.s0: Input/output
error
child 53957 exited with status 0x1
vinum[53954]: couldn't initialize plex mirror.p1, 1 processes died
vinum -> start mirror.p1.s0
Can't start mirror.p1.s0: Invalid argument (22)
vinum ->

when I rebooted, this is the output that I got.....the second slice of the
mirror changed to faulty:

D drive1                State: up       Device /dev/da1e        Avail:
17/117 MB (14%)
D drive2                State: referenced       Device  Avail: 0/0 MB

V mirror                State: up       Plexes:       2 Size:        100 MB

P mirror.p0           C State: up       Subdisks:     1 Size:        100 MB
P mirror.p1           C State: faulty   Subdisks:     1 Size:        100 MB

S mirror.p0.s0          State: up       PO:        0  B Size:        100 MB
S mirror.p1.s0          State: crashed  PO:        0  B Size:        100 MB