Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:57:13 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two Source Trees for Several Machines

Doug White writes:
> [...]
                                        ^^

When All Else Fails, Read The Man Pages And Learn How To Run Cvs Like
(Apparently) Everyone Else Does. That "-d" is trying to create or
update (or something) a directory named "-r".

This appears to do what I wish, and next time I'll use "update" in
place of "checkout" (right?):

# cd /usr
# setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs
# cvs checkout -P -r RELENG_2_2 src

Actually something else was going on (partial cvs?) so before the above
worked I had to remove /usr/src (which was previously updated via
cvsup).