Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:31:59 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Weinberg, Sandy" <SWeinberg@callmax.nl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail daemon/queue

"Weinberg, Sandy" wrote:

> This has helped.  Unfortuantely we've also found out that there is a
> problem with one of our other servers.  Is there a command to delete
> messages from the mailq?
>
> Thanks again!

You'll have to lookup their queue reference numbers, e.g.

--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
JAB29641     4441 Mon Mar 15 09:06 MAILER-DAEMON

You can then delete /var/mail/spool/mqueue/??JAB29641, i.e.

rm /var/mail/spool/mqueue/??JAB29641

Take care not to delete anything you want to keep :-)

-Kp