Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 11:30:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: netscape 2.0b2

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Jake Hamby wrote:

> > 1) Whenever I start 2.0b2, I get the message:  "Netscape has detected a
> > /home/jehamby/.netscape/lock file.
>
> As it turns out, I traced this problem to my dial-on-demand PPP setup.

    I had the same problem on my FreeBSD box, but it was located on
our Ethernet LAN.  It's a new machine, so the IP address and hostname
had not yet been added into our name server.  Once I added it in
though, the two errors (lock file and /etc/pwd.db problems) went away.

    I have not yet verified if this occurs under BSD/OS yet.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.