Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:06:23 -0400
From:      Ryan Turner <freebsd@vt.edu>
To:        "Vladimir E. Maltsev" <vmaltsev@bcc.mplik.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on 2nd master

after you select the second disk you get a chance to enter some options.
if you do not enter any options it will continue on as normal thinking it
is the 1st master.  when it looks for root on the first master it panics.
to correct this type

wd(2,a)

after you select the second disk from the boot manager

if you put that line in your /boot.config file you will not have to do that.
at least I think it is that file.  it might be /kernel.config

At 02:01 PM 8/3/98 +0500, you wrote:
>    Hi All !   I install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a 2nd  master disk. I keep DOS/NT
>on a 1st. I install FreeBSD boot manager on 1st  master. Installation
>process goes normally.   But when I switch to 2nd disk (via  boot manager)
>and try to boot from FreeBSD partition I get an  error: "panic cannot
mount root",  >and then reboot.   What's the reason ? What can be wrong ?
Any advises ?