Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:02:53 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30873: ``ip'' man page does not specify byte order for ip header with raw sockets

--h3LYUU6HlUDSAOzy

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:53:13PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-02-22 15:40, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:33:50PM +0000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >> Synopsis: ``ip'' man page does not specify byte order for ip header wi=
th raw sockets

> >> State-Changed-From-To: patched->closed
> >> State-Changed-By: keramida
> >> State-Changed-When: Tue Feb 22 13:32:59 GMT 2005
> >> State-Changed-Why:
> >> The RELENG_5 branch was created after this change was committed to HEA=
D.
> >> This means that the change is already in 5-STABLE, so there is no need
> >> to keep this PR open as "patched".
> >
> > What if Bruce meant to MFC it to RELENG_4, too, and then plain
> > forgot?  This PR would (okay, should have) served as a reminder to
> > that effect...  Yes, I know RELENG_5 is the official stable branch,
> > but is it now our official Project policy that RELENG_4 is the
> > official stale branch? :)
>=20
> Commits to 4.X are no longer possible, unless I have misunderstood the
> messages posted by RE after the release of 4.11.  It is possible that
> I have misunderstood the intention of the release engineers, in which
> case we should reopen the PR and let Bruce handle it.

I believe you mean commits to RELENG_4_*11* are no longer possible, as
it is an errata branch...  I've certainly seen updates fly by on the 4.x
box I'm keeping here mostly for reference porpoises.  For instance,
Ruslan merged a route timeout fix on Valentine's Day, and Gregory Neil
Shapiro merged sendmail 8.13.3 just two days ago :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org