Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:43:30 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD SMP list <FreeBSD-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hangs during 'make world -j4' on recent current

For over a week now, I have been unable to complete a 'make world' on
my -CURRENT box if I specify -j4.  The system hangs and is completely
unresponsive.  This is a dual Celeron and an Abit BP6 motherboard.  As
far as I can tell, nobody knows what's causing this, nor even how to
attack the problem.  I'd like to solicit feedback about the extent of
the problem, the possible causes, and how to debug it.

Greg