Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:07:23 +0000
From:      Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS ZenBook UX305CA Trackpad: psm0: unable to allocate IRQ

Hello,

I have recently purchased the above mentioned laptop (and it's great)
and would like to help make it well supported in FreeBSD.  The first
thing I'd like to help get working is the trackpad since that is the
most limiting pain point.

The current problem with the trackpad is the psm0 device does not show
up at all.  When booting in verbose mode I see:

"psm0: unable to allocate IRQ"

I have looked around the internet and seen a few things, however there
is either no progress on those threads or the fix is a hack and I'm not
sure how to apply it properly to this system because the results are
slightly different.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to go about making the trackpad
detected, and work?  I see that there is an elantech patch proposed a
week or so ago, however I think that is solving a different problem than
the device not showing up at all.

I have a good amount of programming experience, but only in userspace,
so any tips and suggestions, or even if someone is willing to mentor me
a bit, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
/Malcolm