Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 18:10:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Moseler <mike@inlink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   qic80 drive

I have a Iomega 250 QIC-80 compat. tape drive that is not working with
FreeBSD.  I have used it under DOS and before under Linux (with ftape)
and it worked good.  I put the line in my kernel config and I am using
ft, but it is not working..

I always get the error "/dev/rft0: Operation not supported by device"

When I boot up I get these lines from the floppy drive (if it helps)
fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
fdc0: [0: fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in]

If anyone has any ideas what it could be, I'd appreciate it!

---
Mike Moseler						      mike@inlink.com