Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:07:19 -0700
From:      "David G. Lawrence" <dg@dglawrence.com>
To:        Paul Civati <paul@xciv.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP and NMI errors (4.10)

> > > If I boot a uniprocessor kernel this problem doesn't occur.
> > It might be temperature related then :)
>
> I was hoping no-one would say that :)
>
> This is a 1U rack mount and currently seems to run at about ~40 deg. C
> on CPU1, ~30 deg. C on CPU2 and ~33 deg. C system temp.  First CPU
> is a little hot perhaps but I don't think too high to be a problem?

   Actually, this sounds more like a weak/overloaded power supply problem.
Power supplies in many 1U servers are very inadequate for the job and often
have problems in dual processor configurations.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com - (888) 346 7175
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.