Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 05:31:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, tlambert@primenet.com, mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org, noslenj@swbell.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and "dangers to BSD"]

> On the other hand, if Janet Reno drives up to my door in an
> M-1 Abrhams Main Battle Tank, I would feel a tad justified in
> owning an "assault weapon" ("a threatening weapon").

	Terrry, now what would you do with that bullet firing assult
weapon against Janet Reno in a M-1 Abrhams Main Battle Tank?  A very
significant proportion of infantry use their rifle (assault or
otherwise) infrequently.  One of the main jobs of sargents in several
armies is to get other their soldiers to fire their rifles.  The
feeling of impotence when holding a rifle while confronting an armored
emeny is very nearly overwhelming.

jmb