Date:      Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:18:55 +0200
From:      Jake Lloyd <legalois@acm.org>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Anton Berezin <tobez@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade problems on 4.x

Michael Nottebrock wrote:

>On Friday, 15. July 2005 14:46, Anton Berezin wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 02:25:29PM +0200, Jake Lloyd wrote:
>>

>>>portupgrade on my two 4.x boxes seems to have gone wrong
>>>

>[...]
>

>>Just another data point - I also experienced that after ruby upgrade on
>>a couple of 4.X systems.
>>

>[...]
>
>Looks like the old bug in the base-db. What version of 4.x do these boxes run
>exactly? 4.11-Release and later have a fix, earlier versions don't.

Mine are 4.9-RELEASE
Sure, I knew support for these would start to run out, finally.
just putting off spending an afternoon with mergemaster.
But this has been the first real hitch with this aging version,
and I still don't understand the spontaneous way the problem came up.
portupgrade ran without any difficulty to upgrade several ports
between the most recent upgrade of portupgrade on 9 july and
its complete breakdown on 15 july.

Thanks.
- Jake