Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:04:58 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS as / filesystem on 7.0 ?

I recently updated my existing 6.x systems to 7.0.  Excited to see ZFS
support, after looking through the current documentation, it doesn't
appear we can use ZFS as the / filesystem, or am I mistaken (or is that
even advisable).   The sysinstall doesn't seem to provide you with the
option for ZFS on the newly created partitions.  So I could have / as
UFS2 and /usr (et al) as ZFS.

Could someone clarify?  Perhaps I missed something in the documentation.

Thanks.