Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2000 08:48:56 +0100
From:      Theo PAGTZIS <T.Pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ls -l | more inverts colour

Josef Karthauser wrote:

> You're not using the flags for colourized ls are you?
>
> If you do:
>
> % ls > /tmp/ls
> % cat /tmp/ls | more
>
> Does it still leave the screen inverted?
>
> Joe

Joe,

As in the first place, on the first screen it does not get the screen inverted but on the second 'more' it does.

By the way...I see also some weird behaviour of vi when I load a file for editing. This is on the xterm this time (not
the console). The screen is left a bit garbled if I played before with the scroll bar previously. If I try a ^d or ^u so
that I force a xterm refresh things are back to normal but not otherwise. Is that known?

Does anyone reckon this is a flake from the upgrade 3.4 to 4.1? (The upgrade has been done by the book 101%)

Theo