Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:27:56 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VPN via ssh ?

I can connect to my home machines from work using "runsocks ssh". Now it
seems to me that I ought to be able to build a full blown VPN tunnel using
this, right?

A little Googling suggest that one approach might be to use ppp over the
tunnel. Given that the 2 machines involved are both FreeBSD STABLE machines,
can anyone point me to some docs as to how to do this?

What I want to accomplish is full biderctional connectivity. That is I want to
be able to connect to my machines at home from work, and from home to the
machines at work.

Thanks for any help on this.
neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin