Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:52:02 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSH issue

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 04:28:00PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> What would cause SSH to apparently die after a reboot of a remote 4.2 box
??
> Its been working fine up to now & I'm not aware of any significant events
> that would have given the box a fright.

Did you recently upgrade that box, and forget to run mergemaster?

No ... it was left doing a buildworld but the first time we noticed that
ssh had died was after getting back home (the box is colocated at
our upstream provider in the city). I wouldn't have thought that the
buildworld would cause trouble though .... its not as if its got to
installing yet (I'll go do that stuff in person)