Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:26:35 +0200
From:      "Vlad GALU" <vladgalu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails in 6.0 and devfs woes

On 2/21/06, Andrew Hacking <ahacking@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to setp a jail in RELENG_6, and cannot apply the jail
> ruleset (ruleset 4) to the jail devfs mount point.  The system also
> hangs if I try to apply the rules individually.
>
> I raised PR/93423 for this issue. See
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D93423 for details
>
> I am wondering if anyone else has had any success securing their jails
> (ie removing  device nodes such as those that provide raw access to
> disks) ?

-- cut here --
jail_enable=3D"YES"
jail_list=3D"j1"
jail_j1_rootdir=3D"/mnt/store/jails/j1"
jail_j1_hostname=3D"j1.freebsd.domain"
jail_j1_ip=3D"<ip>"
jail_j1_exec_start=3D"/bin/sh /etc/rc"
jail_j1_exec_stop=3D"/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown"
jail_j1_devfs_enable=3D"YES"
jail_j1_devfs_ruleset=3D"devfsrules_jail"
jail_j1_fstab=3D""
jail_j1_procfs_enable=3D"YES"
-- and here --

   My /etc/devfs.rules is a symlink to /etc/defaults/devfs.rules.
   In the jail I can only see:

-- cut here --
j1# ls /dev/
fd      null    ptyp1   ptyp3   random  stdin   ttyp0   ttyp2   ttyp4   zer=
log     ptyp0   ptyp2   ptyp4   stderr  stdout  ttyp1   ttyp3   urandom
j1#
-- and here --

   HTH.
--
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.