Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:57:17 +0100
From:      "Jorn Argelo" <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
Subject:   Re: java question.

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:15:31 -0800, Gary Kline wrote
> On both my 4.10 system (this one: tao) and one on my
> 	5.3 platforms, I'm *finally* using jdk14.  Can I free
> 	up the linux-sun-jdk14 binary and space and yet be
> 	able to build/rebuild everything Java??

Well, I can't say for sure. You have to make sure that your system is indeed
using the proper executable and the proper libs. If you have things mixed you
can have a serious problem.

AFAIK everything is put in /compat/linux ... so deinstalling it wouldn't bring
in too much problem. However, unless you have serious disk space problems, I
can't see why risk to break stuff if it is not needed.

Correct me if any of the above things are wrong, of course :)

Cheers,

Jorn