Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:49:11 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject:   Re: Porting ZFS file system to FreeBSD.

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:45:16PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> Hi.
>=20
> I started porting the ZFS file system to the FreeBSD operating system.
[...]

Just a quick note about progress in my work. I needed slow down a bit,
but:

All file system operations seems to work. The only exception are
operations needed for mmap(2) to work. Bascially file system works quite
stable even under heavy load. I've problem with two assertions I'm
hitting when running some heavy regression tests.

I've spend a couple of days fighting with snapshots. To be able to
implement them I needed to port GFS from Solaris (Generic
pseudo-filesystem). Now, snapshots (and clones) seems to work just fine.

Some other minor bits like zpool import/export, etc. now also work.

File system is not yet marked as MPSAFE (it still operates under the
Giant lock).

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C