Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:54:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: em0: Intel Pro/1000MT is not working!

Hartmann, O. <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
 > em0: <Intel (R) PRO/1000 Network Connection, Version 1.3.14> at device 16.0 on pci0
 > em0: Memory Access and/or Bus Master bits were not set!
 > em0: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory
 > em0: Allocation of PCI resources failed
 > device_probe_and_attach: em0 and attach returned 6

It seems like the BIOS did not properly assign resources to
the PCI devices.  If your BIOS setup contains an option
similar to "PnP OS" or "OS support", set it it "No", "Non-
Windows" or "Other".

If that doesn't work, try adding the following line to your
kernel configuration file:

options         PCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES

Then config, build and install the new kernel and reboot.

Regards
   Oliver