Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:40:12 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is it possible to use both ipfw/ipfilter?

Kwangyul SEO <skyul@postech.ac.kr> wrote in message
news:20010129175541.A42505@shell.postech.ac.kr...
> Hello.

Hi

> I wonder whether it is possible to use both ipfw and ipfilter
> together.

Yes, it is possible to use IP Firewall, IPv6 Firewall and IP Filter
together, I do this way.

> If yes, which one is applied first when packets arrive?

Sorry, I didn't test this. It can be simply checked: setup IP Firewall to
count traffic to some address and setup IP Filter to deny traffic to the
same address and check if counter in IP Firewall works, then make the same
but, setup counter in IP Filter and check if counter in IP Filter works.