Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:08:34 +0200 (EET)
From:      Bernie <Bernie_X@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw logging + rules -- newbie

hello,

i've been trying to set ipfw on my machine...
the machine connects to ISP with ppp only and i dont
have lan either.

in the /var/log/security i get many blocking messages,
blocked by the last 'default' rule saying:

/kernel: ipfw: 65435 Deny P:2 194.x.x.x 224.0.0.1 in via tun0

i did a whois on tha address and it showed it belong to my ISP.
it's not the normal whois page of my isp, but one that is more
tech-oriented...

so, i got the following questions:

1. should i allow this ip? if i can connect to the isp with
no problem, why does it want to connect to me? is this normal
on dialup connections?

2. in the line above, what does the 'P:2' means? and the
244.0.0.1?

3. is there any way to see more extensive info of the firewall
log, ie more details?

thanks a lot

regards

--Bernie