Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 21:05:15 -0600
From:      "Tarakanov" <val@hcol.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   partition spanning multiple hdd's

Hi.
I am having pretty good luck installing freebsd over the net through the
 ftp process, but there is one question though that I hope someone will be
 able to answer.
 I had my mail partition overfill (well, almost -- 99%) and I am thinking
 about adding another drive (or drives) in to put in the same partition.
 (/mail).
 So the question is:
 do I have to enter the /stand/sysinstall to do this or do I have to use
 the commands of the  freebsd manually.  If I do it, will the current
 information on the /mail partition be retained or do I need to back it up?
 I guess it's not really a partition, but a volume that I am talking about
 (at least novell would call it a volume) but this is my first unix box so
 far.
TIA.
Val.