Date:      Sun, 1 May 2011 07:34:06 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deprecation campaign

On Sun, 1 May 2011 09:40:21 +0100
Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com> articulated:

> On 1 May 2011 08:31, "mato" <gamato@users.sf.net> wrote:
> > There are usually many users but only a few are ready to become
> maintainers (for whatever reasons).  So no one stepping up does not
> really mean no one uses a port.  But ok, I'll try to see what I can
> do for ports I might care about..
> >

> They could always pay someone.

You do realize that many here would consider that blasphemy. While it
might be advantageous, like so many other capitalistic concepts, it
is not likely to get a foothold in this galère.

Perhaps asking the community for a list of users wishing to offer free
space for hosting orphaned ports/distfiles/etcetera might be an easier
crapshoot.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+ports@seibercom.net

May the bluebird of happiness twiddle your bits.