Date:      Mon, 7 May 2007 10:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      L Goodwin <xrayv19@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CyberPower UPS and PowerPanel Linux daemon on FreeBSD

I need to buy a UPS for a FreeBSD 6.2 fileserver.
The APC model I was going to buy is over-priced at
local stores, so I'm looking at other brands available
locally.

The CyberPower CP800AVR 800VA/450W UPS has USB and
RS-232 ports and supports auto-shutdown for Linux (and
Mac OS X).

Would the Linux daemon will work for FreeBSD, and if
so, is the installation/configuration on FreeBSD going
to be the same as for Linux? Here's a link to the
Linux User's Guide containing install instructions:

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/downloads/PPPLinux1.0.3.pdf

Thanks!

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265