Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 23:51:45 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slashdot/Daemonnews

Having looked at the article on Daemonnews entitled "The Real FreeBSD",
and following (ok, skimming and hoping i don't go insane) the ensuing
slashdot thread, I've come up with a "idea."  I have a friend who is a
Linux fanatic.  I was thinking perhaps he and I should get together,
install both FreeBSD and a Linux of his choice (without using CDs to
make it interesting) and then get some stuff done.  We'd do this all on
one computer, one then the other, and we'd write everything up as we did
it.  Then, translate it to something resembly (perhaps vaguely) an
article, and submitting it to Daemonnews, Linux.com, or perhaps just
have it go down as a /. editorial (since that's what the point was
anyway).  Perhaps we can sort of explore the whole experience and point
out once and for all that this issue isn't worth flaming over, and maybe
get some comments on FreeBSD from a Linuxite and some comments on Linux
from a FreeBSDer (should it be Linuxite and BSDer, or what?).  If
nothing else I'd hope to prove that it's more what you feel comfortable
with and prefer than it is which is "better" (as they say in Perl,
TMTOWTDI).  Just an idea, and I don't know if I'd be able to get it
done, but I wanna try.  Any comments?

 *  If the above seems illegible, incoherent, etc., let me know  *
 *  about that too, since i'm sure it doesnt make much sense     *

--
Laurence Berland