Date:      Sun, 07 Aug 2011 16:55:01 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.1.0

I ran Ubuntu 32bit and Ubuntu64 bit guests as test. Ran system updates
there.

Troubling change: when guest is under heavy load downloading/installing
updates, it causes the internet radio disruption playing as the
'mplayer' host process. It sounds exactly like the needle skipping
through the vinyl record tracks. (short interruptions of the digital
signal) This never happened before, with or without the older VBox
versions. Just in case this is useful, my sound card driver is
snd_es137x.ko.

Also behavior of this old bug http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/6314
changed. First time I tried, it said that it failed to start the machine
with the error "No error". The second time it actually worked (!) and my
old long dead Windows guest is alive again. It worked the third and the
fourth times too. I guess it is fixed now, maybe with a possible caveat.
But Windows guest also causes the above mentioned troubling sound effect.

That's all I tested.
I also have DTrace enabled in kernel that wasn't enabled before. Not
sure if this matters for VirtualBox. I think it shouldn't.

Yuri